Total Followers

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Allpress cafe, Rosebery

Sorry about not posting for a few days, I have been busy!
As I said in my last post my family has a very old, decrepit car that barely works, so me, my dad and my brother hopped in our very old, decrepit car that barely works to find a second hand replacement.

We headed up to Sutton City Subaru to start, and basically we spent two hours standing around wondering why my dad has so much against the buying the perfect car for us. The only good thing was, afterward we got to go to Allpress cafe, in Rosebery.

Allpress cafe is in an unusual location, just off a very boring part of Botany Rd. But, the food and coffee easily makes up for the location problem. The atmosphere is great, the food wonderful and there are very interesting places to sit, including a strange, secluded circle of glass and wood that is impossible to describe unless you see it with your own eyes. there is also a large portion of the property devoted to coffee roasting. Talking about coffee, the coffee was the absolute star. As my dad Keith (http://www.keithsaundersphotography.com/) said, the coffee, an extra strong flat white was strong, rich, delicious and served at the perfect temperature. We took some photos, but unfortunately the waitress informed us that the pictures could not go online. they weren't very good pictures anyway.    

My Review: 
The coffee was incredible, the almond croissant almost perfect, and the pain au raisin was exquisite. The plain croissant was very good, although not up to the rest of the food's standard. All in all, I would recommend this THE destination in Rosebery for coffee and snacks. (luckily, Burke St Bakery is just over the border in Mascot)
Food: 9/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Value 8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment